Comment threads of news items can be pretty much echo chambers but every once in a while, someone posts a random comment that leads to a rich variety of punny responses. Witness this brilliant series:
- Currently listening to Rachmaninoff…yeah…he Rachs my socks…
- Rach and Roll
er…umm (slowly walks out of room)
- Nooo! Please come Bach with more musical puns!
- Can’t offer you one because I’m still recouperin from the last one.
- Nuh-huh, you’re obviously just Haydn them.
- Listen, I’ve got a whole Liszt of them.
- I’ve no doubt that your the Lieder of them.
- I keep them in my schu, mann.
- Drat, I was just about to ask, “Verdi you get them?”
- Stop it, my brain can’t Handel this anymore.
- I need to brush my teeth; anyone have a tuba toothpaste?
- Alright, I admit I’m getting a bit Straussed as well.
- Quit harping on that!
- I don’t like the tenor of that comment
- Cello everybody, I’m hear!
- William, Tell me who is De Falla at the table?
- He’s Il turko in Italia waiting for l’arlesienne.
- That’s pretty bass of you to horn in with opéra comique
- Okay everyone, just stay well-tempered.
- Now now, no violins, please.
- For my Clavier is about to burst!
- Have we exhausted all we can say that’s of note?